Advertisement

Embry Impressions for rent
Bruce White
smith banner
pbi bank banner
billy phelps banner
Terrell House for mayor banner
firehouse pizza
Gipe banner
keith and penni tours - christmas in valley

Fatal fire on Newton Road claims life, destroys home

120 Newton Road

A house fire in the Logansport community early Thursday morning, January 9, has claimed the life of Morgan Bentley “Bo” Phelps, II, 18, of Morgantown.  Shortly after 6:00 a.m. firemen were dispatched to 120 Newton Road to the home of Gerald and Janice Phelps (Bo's grandparents).  The home was a complete loss.  The Phelps's were transported to the Medical Center at Bowling Green for the treatment of non-life threatening injuries. Bo's father, Morgan Phelps I, was also home at the time of the fire. 

 

According to Butler County Sheriff Scottie Ward, family members said the smoke detector went off and they saw smoke coming from their grandson’s bedroom.  Upon opening the door to the bedroom it was reported that the mattress appeared to be on fire and the room was full of smoke.  They were unable to locate Bo. His body was located in the closet of the room by emergency personnel.

Responding to the scene were firemen from the Morgantown, Rochester, Second District, Fourth District, and Fifth District fire departments, along with the Butler County Rescue Squad, Butler County EMS, Butler County Sheriff Deputies Heath West, Chris Reneer, Butler County Coroner Marty Jones,  an investigator with the Kentucky Fire Marshal's office, a KSP Arson Detective, and Charlie Tomes of the Bowling Green Arson office.

 

Funeral arrangements are incomplete at this time.

Tags: 

Comments

Phelps family, I'm so sorry for your loss. Bo was a good young man! Sending thoughts and prayers your way! I can't even imagine what you all are going through. Just know that I'm here if you guys need anything!

Add new comment


Bookmark and Share

Advertisements