Butler County Bd of Education Meeting
The Butler County Board of Education met in regular session on Tuesday, September 10, 2013 at Green River School. Members Amy Hood-Hooten, Delbert Johnson, Karen Evans, and Debbie Hammers were in attendance.
Butler County High School Junior Megan Cockrell, 17, was recognized by the Butler County Board of Education on Tuesday night. Megan’s art work has received national recognition and will be part of the VSA show in Washington, D.C. in November. (See complete story on Beechtreenews.com)
The board also recognized Celeste Hinton, school psychologist, for her work with Medicaid for the school system.
The board approved the treasurer’s report and payment of monthly bills:
Beginning balance: $1,205,620.14
Ending balance: $1,374,542.56
The board reviewed and approved the receipt of the “Managing Government Records” and “Kentucky Open Records and Open Meetings Acts” documents. They also appointed board member Amy Hood-Hooten to serve on the Local Planning Committee for Facilities Planning.
Superintendent Scott Howard reported on recent meetings and events he had attended.
“The Superintendent’s Summit addressed funding concerns for districts. Kindergarten is only half funded in Kentucky schools and transportation is very costly to all districts,” said Howard.
The board approved the following:
· FMLA Request for School Bus Driver
· FY14 KECSAC Memorandum of Agreement
· FY14 DJJ Interagency Agreements
· FY 14 Fund 2 Budgets
· BCHS Art Trip Request to Washington, DC on November 19th, 2013
· BCHS Science Club Trip Request to Newport Aquarium in Cincinnati, Ohio on September 27, 2013
· BCHS Early Graduation Request
· Approve Second Reading of Senate Bill 97 – Raising Compulsory Attendance Age
The Butler County Board of Education will meet October 22, 2013 at North Butler Elementary at 6:30pm.